By Michael Gingold
• Prolific independent genre filmmaker Richard Griffin has begun self-distributing his vampire flick PRETTY DEAD THINGS via the official website of his Scorpio Film Releasing. Scripted by Griffin and Sandeep Parikh, the movie focuses on the conflict between a group of ex-porno actors turned bloodsuckers and a corrupt mayor and reverend, plus a pizza delivery boy who’s brought back from the dead by the vamps only to set out to destroy them.
• Vanguard Cinema passed on the specs for COLOUR FROM THE DARK, Ivan Zuccon’s chiller based on H.P. Lovecraft’s story “The Colour Out of Space,” starring FANGORIA RADIO’s Debbie Rochon. Debuting February 23, the movie will be presented in 16x9-enhanced widescreen, and the supplemental package is currently set to include:
• Cast and crew interviews
• “Memories of the Ghost” featurette
• “Trevor” featurette
• “I Love NYC Video Club” featurette
• Photo galleries
• Four different trailers
Retail price is $19.95. See our COLOUR FROM THE DARK location report in FANGORIA #290, on sale now.
• MTI Home Video has picked up writer/director Mark Stouffer’s CREATURE OF DARKNESS, with a DVD date and specs to be announced in the near future. Filmed in 2005 as HUNTER’S MOON, the movie stars FINAL DESTINATION’s Devon Sawa as a young man who, along with a group of friends on a desert vacation, is terrorized by an alien monster that has previously haunted his dreams; Sanoe Lake and Matthew Lawrence co-star. Look for the disc details soon, and a CREATURE set visit in a future issue of Fango.
• R-Squared Films sent along final special-features info for another Rochon vehicle, THE GOOD SISTERS, which it releases next Tuesday, February 2 in conjunction with Mystic Pictures. The latest feature by the CHAINSAW SALLY team of writer/director JimmyO Burril and actress April Monique Burril stars the latter and Rochon as the titular witchy siblings, and the DVD’s widescreen transfer is supplemented by:
• Audio commentary by the Burrils and cinematographer Shawn Jones
• Behind-the-scenes featurette
• Music video
• Teaser trailer
Retail price is $19.99. THE GOOD SISTERS will also become available via video-on-demand on Monday, Feb. 1 from Time Warner Cable, Comcast, DirectTv, Dish Network and others. And a three-disc collection of the Burril’s splattery sitcom THE CHAINSAW SALLY SHOW can now be ordered from the series’ offical website. The set, which goes for $24.99, includes unaired footage (with more nudity etc.) and a making-of piece.
• Shock-O-Rama Cinema/Camp Motion Pictures will release the slasher opus ROT: REUNION OF TERROR on DVD March 9. Directed by Michael A. Hoffman and scripted by Hoffman and Meghan Jones (the duo behind SIGMA DIE! who also wrote the upcoming SPRING BREAK MASSACRE), ROT centers on a 10-years-later get-together by a bunch of old high-school friends that gets bloody when a serial killer crashes the gathering. The movie will be presented in 1.78:1 widescreen with 5.1 and 2.0 soundtracks, along with:
• Audio commentary by Hoffman and crew
• Making of ROT minidocumentary
• Music of ROT minidocumentary
• Postproduction minidocumentary
• Two deleted scenes
• “Angels of Rebellion” music video
• “Dying Light” music video
• “Faking the Death Wish” music video
Retail price is $24.99.